Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stories from the Summer...and other news




I spoke with the mission director last week and was able to hear just a few of the amazing things that happened during the month of June and July when there were hundreds of people spending week-long trips working in Cielo and Nazaret.  I'm sure there are so many more.  If you were on one of these trips and have pictures or stories, please send them to me!!! I would love to post some updated pictures and share some of what is going on there that isn't directly related to the therapy gym!  
Here are a few pictures I borrowed from DeeDee Porter who was on staff this summer.  Thanks, DeeDee!





In other news:  
1. Of course, there are still items that need to be bought from the wish list (link to the right!)
2.  We have an anonymous gift of airline miles for the orthotist trip, thank you so much!!  If you are interested in donating for other team members, please contact me.
3. God willing, there will be at least one artist going with me on one of the next trips to work on the mural for the therapy gym wall.  So far, Lindsey Meyer is planning on organizing the mural project.  She is so talented, I can't wait to see how it turns out! 
4.  Thank you to Julia and Blake Schwarz for your toy donation!

A pretty sunset at Club Bamboo:

















At the party for the neighborhood kids (organized by one of the groups):

No comments:

Post a Comment